Sunday, May 29, 2011
Ok so the first go didn’t go that well. He definatly know when he has to go.
The first day he would just hold it. Let a little trickle, say Pee-Pee and then stop. I am sure his little tummy hurt.
The second day he kept saying Poo-Poo but would hold it in and come running to me, again I am sure his tummy hurt. As for pee, he would just go. No stopping, no saying pee-pee.
Then it was the weekend and we had plans so we quit. We will try again in a few days when we have no plans and can just stay home.
Here are some pics:
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Well, I am sure many of you could call us crazy for any number for reasons….let me list a few:
- We got married 9months after we met
- We had 2 babies in just over 1 year
- We own a minivan
- We live in Redmond
Well, here is another one. We are potty training Jacob. We are just going for it.
We have been pre-potty training for a few months. Watching “Once upon a potty” DVD, sitting on the potty occasionally, talking a lot about pee and poo and buying a little potty for the living room.
But today, I decided to just do it. Bare buns running around confined to the hard wood floors on the middle level, lots of lemonade to drink, white chocolate chips as rewards/bribes.
May work, may not work. Just giving it a go!
Monday, May 16, 2011
Our baby girl is 8 months old. She is getting so big. It’s hard to believe.
Here is a little bit about what Evie is up to these days:
- She is sitting and rolling over both ways, but is not creeping or crawling
- She is eating solids like a champ now. Her favorites are pears, prunes, bananas and anything mixed with pears and/or prunes.
- She is taking 2-3 naps per day. She just now starting to sleep 9 hours at night and for the past few nights has slept all the way through. Yeah. Finally!
- She is wearing size 3 diapers, 6-9 month clothes
- She loves her brother
- Her favorite toys are anything she can grab and her jumper
- She still has no teeth, but I think one is really close to breaking through
- She loves to swing
Pictures from last week in the sun. (Some of Jacob too!)
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Sunday, May 1, 2011
I decided to try some finger painting with Jacob.
I found a simple homemade paste that I tried (2tlbs flour, water, food coloring). It didn’t work that well. Didn’t smooth across the paper very well. Jacob doesn’t really like his fingers “dirty” so I don’t think he really liked it, though he has been asking for “paint”.
I think I will get some real paint, wait a bit, and try it again.